Prairie View

Saturday, October 29, 2016

My Turn to Travel

I'm off to Bangladesh in the morning.  I will accompany my niece Christy who is going there to live for the time being--at least for the school year.  She will be teaching the children of a family originally from our area.

I am planning to visit our son's family and get introduced to the world that is home for them.

Did I write here about the river cruise that is planned--to the Sunderban?  The more I hear about his, the better it sounds.  Others on the trip are families with similar interests and goals as those of the families we know.  They're a homeschooling bunch!

Rose Nissley and Melody Nisly are filling in for me at school.  Being able to leave my students in good hands feels wonderful.

I'll be gone two weeks.  Anyone who needs to contact me can use email (miriam@iwashige.com).  I'll keep checking it.  Also, Hiromi has a phone number where I can be reached if need be.  

I hope this trip doesn't turn out like the school year has so far--the good things that happen are buried in so much busyness that I don't have time to write about them.  That's almost as if they didn't happen.  Not really, but I often marvel at how much more "real" something is if I write about it.

Joel hears about my crazy schedule and hopes I have a transmission in good working order because he's pretty sure that relaxing as I hope to do on that river cruise will call for going from fifth gear to first gear in one shuddering whine of de-escalation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home