Prairie View

Friday, September 16, 2016

I Can't Believe He Did That

Within the past few days I've said this at least four times about God--sometimes only to myself, and sometimes out loud.

Discretion forces me to be more vague than I ask my students to be, but I'll tell you this much.  When there's not a thing more that you can say or do to make things better, God can put words into someone else's mouth, and they'll say exactly the right thing.  That thing that would threaten to destroy relationships if you said it.  That thing that would be guaranteed to be resisted if you said it, that you simply don't have the emotional energy to tackle again.  That could be easily twisted and easily misunderstood.  That thing is the truth and someone needs to say it, and God lets it come out of someone else's mouth, sparing you all kinds of trouble.  I can't believe He does that, but I'm saying "Thank you"  both to God and to the people who pray about what concerns me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home