Prairie View

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Local School Consolidation Issue

This will primarily interest local people.

Our public school district is considering having all the 7th and 8th graders attend school at Haven. That would mean that Partridge and Mount Hope would lose two grades at their attendance centers.

Some Partridge patrons are opposed to seeing this happen. To make their position clear, a letter has been prepared, with signed copies going to each school board member. Anyone who agrees is invited to stop by the Partridge Grade school tomorrow to sign the letters. Enter at the front door on the north, and turn to the left to find the office, where I understand the letters are being kept. The letters will likely be mailed on Friday.

Although most of the readers of this blog do not send their children to local public schools, I think all of us who live in the Partridge area know that local schools do affect the local economy, and, in that regard, we all have a stake in what happens in the public schools. Beyond that, for the sake of my neighbors' best interests, I'm personally happy to cast a "vote" in favor of keeping local students at local attendance centers. I hope others will join me in casting a vote.

4 Comments:

  • fun times... btw, ida was there too with the other alumni senior girls! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/05/2010  

  • When I wrote the names, I spent a bunch of time trying to think whether Ida was there or not. In the end I decided it would be easier to add her name later than to explain later why I imagined her being there if she wasn't. Sorry for the memory lapse.

    By Blogger Mrs. I, at 4/05/2010  

  • TGA?

    By Anonymous BrianM, at 4/06/2010  

  • Probably just plain old failure to keep track of details. (It was very early in the morning after a minimal amount of sleep.) Hiromi actually is persuaded that TGA is an extreme form of ADD. If so, I'm afraid there's TGA in my future.

    By Blogger Mrs. I, at 4/06/2010  

Post a Comment



<< Home