Prairie View

Friday, September 18, 2009

Questions

We haven't had a three-year old in the house for quite a few years, but I realized today that I am still answering many questions. Here are some of the ones I remember being asked within the past half week or so (some of them condensed or reworded slightly) :

1) What should I do about the gaps in the row of barberry bushes that I planted last fall?

2) What can you tell me about getting a wildflower planting started?

3) Do I have to put an ingredients list on whatever foods I want to sell?

4) Are we going to have to plant certain crops in the food production class next spring or can we choose what to plant?

5) How many points do we lose if we're late handing in our written reports (for current events)?

6) How many quotations can I use in my report? Is this too many?

7) Will you serve on a committee to help plan the winter teachers meeting?

8) Have you harvested your flowers yet? (Hiromi)

9) Is this sweet corn from our garden? (Grant. Yes.)

10) Is your power on yet (from the linemen who were working near here yesterday) ?

11) Do you still have flowers? Do you have cockscomb?

12) Are you back in the groove of school?

13) What should I do with the student who keeps looking at his keyboard in typing class?

14) What do you think about an individualized curriculum? (student writing something for a PACE)

15) How can I change this paragraph so it sounds better? (comp student)

16) Did you forget to get the quiz ready? (No)

17) Can we do a play? (student)

18) Can you sign this? (ditto many times--students)

19) Can you read over this ebay posting information before I send it in? (Hiromi)

20) Where shall I put these eggs? (20-some dozen from Lowells, for Farmer's Market)

21) Is it OK if I ride to school with you? (Christy)

22) Do you need more colored paper? (for making the blurbs for the church history timeline)

23) Can you help me resolve some of the problems with getting an accurate church membership count for 1970 to 1980? (Josh, who did a wonderful graph showing the changes.)

24) Would it suit you to have a family camp out in a few weeks? (Lois)

25) Would you like for me to come talk to your child development class? (From a nurse midwife--Yes!)

26) Do you need some habenero peppers? (Hilda)

27) Did you notice how the boys pick up the fetal models like a tool and the girls hold them like a baby? (Susanna)

28) Am I supposed to water the fern every day?

29) Did you pen up the guineas and ducks?

30) Is supper ready?

31) Do we have any more jars?

32) Are you sure you want everything that's in the fruit room?

33) Can I count this answer correct?

34) Who has read the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling? The story "The Elephant's Child?"

35) Can you think of anything that's happening at church that we would miss if we went to Minnesota? (Henry Schrock, who also gave me the exact dates of the planned trip)

36) Do you want me to cover for you in the Learning Center? (Norma)

37) Can you give me some information about the house? (referring to a blog post item)

38) Can you spray insect repellent on my back?

39) Can you make a sign for this daikon we want to sell at market?

40) Is this the Fabulous tomato? (The variety we planted that has a special "good flavor" gene)

41) Do you care about the alarm on Fridays? (At 5:38 this morning when I asked Hiromi if the alarm had gone already and I had missed it. Yes. I didn't get it. . . Of course I care about the alarm on Fridays. I want to get up when it rings.)

Every question and answer involves interaction with another person--something I value and would not want to be without. So keep on bringing on the questions. That way I'll know we're connected.

1 Comments:

  • This was fun to read. Obviously, you listen to life around you.

    By Blogger Dorcas, at 9/19/2009  

Post a Comment



<< Home