Prairie View

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quote for the Day 9/14/2009

At the lunch table--

Me (to Jacob, who wasn't eating) : A fast lunch today?

Jacob: No. I usually don't eat lunch.

Me: Why not?

Jacob: I'm usually not very hungry.

Me: You're sure it's not just that you don't feel like fixing yourself a lunch in the morning?

Jacob: Well, Mom actually usually fixes lunches, but they're not always ready before I have to leave.

Me: You really need to eat something to keep your blood sugar high enough so that you have some energy.

Jacob: I ate some Butterfingers before lunch.

Me: That's when your blood sugar briefly went through the roof. Then you got a jolt of insulin, and your blood sugar promptly crashed. You need some protein to keep your blood sugar stable.

Jacob: So what has protein?

Me: Meat, cheese--all dairy products, eggs.

Jacob (to Brandon) : Never tell Mrs. I your secrets. . . (I think he said something more which I mercifully don't remember.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home