Prairie View

Monday, August 10, 2009

My Dilemma

This is a guest post, dictated by my 7-year old nephew to his sister Megan, who then sent it as a letter from Chadwin to his friend Jack. Chadwin chose the title.

Dear Jack,
Here's another story from my early childhood. We were fishing at a neighbor's pond, I was merrily fishing. Melissa had caught a fish When she caught it, she yelled, "Guys, I have a biggie". We went back home and I butchered the fish and put in a container. But before we came home, then I was fishing, I felt a nibble, and jerked with all my muscles could afford. (Which was a lot of strength). It came flying out of the water, and hit me in the face. It hurt. Then I discovered the bad news. It was hooked in the flap of skin that holds up the eyebrow (my eyelid). So I said, "I have a hook in my eye"! The others didn't hear me, so I screamed, "I have a hook in my eye".Then the others looked up from their laughing, which they were doing a lot of. Because Melissa caught the fish. They looked at me and Megan said "Huh". Then she rushed down to my side and said "don't move your head. It might get in deeper." We have walkie talkies now, so we told Mom to come down in the van 'cause she wasn't there. She came zooming down after about three or four minutes. By that time we had cut the line. I climbed into the van while the others loaded up the stuff. Then we went zooming back home and into the lane, not into the neighbor's lane. Me and Mom went into the office while the others put the stuff away. When Sandy saw me she covered her face with her hands. Dad thought that he could get it out so we all went inside, except Christopher who was at work. Dad got the tip out with his hands, but it was through in two places, and since the hook had a barb on it, they didn't want to just pull it through the second place. So Dad got out a knife and a fingernail clippers. There wasn't much skin on the hook, so they thought maybe they could just cut it through. First he tried the fingernail clippers. He had barely had it in his hands and it had touched my eye, then he said it wouldn't work. So he grabbed the knife. Then he tried with the knife. But then he discovered it wouldn't work, so he gave the knife to Mom while he held my eye so I wouldn't blink to much. And Mom started sawing away on the skin. It took a while, and it hurt, but I didn't cry. Then Mom said, "this is kind of dangerous". And with courage I spoke up in a brave voice: "It is much more dangerous fighting with a buffalo, or a bull". She sawed and sawed and finally cut it, and the hook came out!!! I was extremely disappointed that I didn't get to go the emergency room, but I didn't cry because I was so brave. But, it all went well :) . And I'm not blind.
Love,
Chadwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home