Prairie View

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mingling

The new buzzword at school has a variety of possible uses.

Jared: The girls were all by themselves on the softball field, so Arlyn and I just went down and mingled with them.

Jacob: Mrs. I is mingling with us down here (at the lunch table).

The word "mingling" became fashionable today after Mr. Schrock urged the students to avoid behaving as though there were an invisible gender-separation line at the lunch table. He said it in response to some of the sentiments expressed several weeks ago in the surveys the students filled out in preparation for segregated chapel.

As can be expected with teenagers who by all means don't want to appear too interested in the opposite sex, making a joke about intentional togetherness is clearly the safest way to handle such things.

It's nice to have a ringside seat when the intricate dance of cross-gender relationships is being performed. Far nicer than struggling to learn the proper steps yourself.

5 Comments:

  • I would testify that the dance is very technical, involved, and potentially dangerous, at least it feels that way. Mrs. I, be glad that you're past that stage of life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008  

  • I thought this program was capable of emailing my message to you without me knowing your address, but alas, in red letters I was told I needed your address. My address is jbhershbergersd@juno.com. If you feel so inclined to send me a note I would feel honored. I came to make sure I didn't miss any new posts. :) I can't believe I didn't find you sooner. Blessings!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008  

  • Oh, my, I was tring to fill in my name and trying to correct what I hadn't done right when it was whisked away. Whatever....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008  

  • Oh, my, I was tring to fill in my name and trying to correct what I hadn't done right when it was whisked away. Whatever....
    http://sunshinenrain.christianblogsites.com/blog/ betty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008  

  • Hee hee hee! Ain't life and girls grand? I'll guarantee you there are alot of students overjoyed by this recent institution of "mingling."

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/15/2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home