Prairie View

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Quotes for the Day 3/6/08

Frieda, at lunchtime today: My ear hurts and I wonder if I should go home. I'm not getting anything done.

Me: Are you taking anything? A decongestant? Ibuprofen?

Frieda: No. I wonder if I shouldn't go to the doctor.

Me: I think going home is the right thing to do for now.

Later, Frieda, calling back to school to cancel plans for preparing food with her friends for the box social tonight: I went to the doctor and I have an ear infection, a sinus infection, and tonsilitis.

No wonder she wasn't getting any schoolwork done.

**********************************************

Steven: Can you check if I have a fever?

Me: Do you want me to feel your forehead?*

Steven: Yes.

Me: I think it's a little warmer than normal. Do you have a headache?

Steven: Yes.

Me: Have you taken anything for it?

Steven: Not since this morning.

Me: Why don't you take either Tylenol or Ibuprofen?

I hope he gets lots of sleep tonight and gives his body a chance to fight off whatever ailment is threatening him.

*I wouldn't have asked any other boy in school this question, but he's asked me specifically to do this before. I think it must remind him of his mother who died when he was in 7th grade. So I'm happy to oblige. He's a senior and much taller than I, but, like all young people, he still needs a little mothering. I won't tuck him in, but I'll pray for him tonight, like his mother surely would have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home