Prairie View

Friday, March 07, 2008

Quote for the Day 3/7/2008

Steven did not come to school today, and Frieda was still sick. Heidi lasted only half a day when she decided to go home since her eyes were watering so badly that she had trouble seeing when she tried to read. The following conversation took place in typing class in response to Heidi's absence.

Emily: Who's going to take Heidi's place in talking today? I guess it'll have to be me.

Me: We never thought of asking that kind of question yesterday when Seth was gone.

Seth: Yeah. I'm really quiet.

Emily: I can't type because my mouth hurts and typing goes with talking and when I talk my mouth hurts.

Jared (in the room to work on another project): Why does your mouth hurt, or is that a personal question?

Emily: Because I went to the orthodontist this morning and they took out this big thing. And now I won't be able to eat and so I'll go on a diet. That's OK though. Dieting would be good for me.

Jared: I can see you have a real need for dieting.
It seems to me that taking a big thing out of your mouth should have made things better.

Emily: It didn't. It makes it hurt.

Suffice it to say, we had no long, awkward silences today, even though we had typing class without Heidi.

P.S. Emily is unusually tall and thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home