Prairie View

Monday, November 09, 2009

Mr. Irresistable

When I heard a noise on the front porch this morning and checked it out, I saw Max standing on the porch swing glider, face into the east wind, ears perked brightly. I declare he was smiling.

Silly ADD dog. I think more typical dogs would curl up patiently on the mat and wait for their beloved people friends to venture out. Not this dog.

Grant went out tonight and bought Max a big bag of Science Diet Dog Food, which costs a lot more than what Hiromi usually buys for him. If this gives him more energy, heaven help us.

Several weeks ago when the road crew worked at the end of our drive, Hiromi came out one day to tie Max while the ducks and guineas roamed for the day. Max had been happily socializing with the workmen, and they begged Hiromi not to tie him. "He's such a nice dog." Awwww.

He's just a dog, and a rather reckless and goofy one, at that. I should know better than getting too attached to him. But what can I do when he makes himself irresistable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home