Prairie View

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Quotes for the Day 10/2/2008

Josh (who moderated last night's midweek church service) : Miriam Iwashige's Sunday School class has prepared snacks for everyone after church in the basement.

I was very proud of their initiative, and a little puzzled about how it all came about. I was gone last Sunday and got a substitute to teach my class. I'll have to check with her for motivation tips. I had absolutely nothing to do with the planning and preparation and felt compelled to explain this repeatedly when people thanked me for doing this.

While we sat in circles eating, this conversation began in my circle. It involved a high school student.

Jacob: Miriam, which candidate are you for?

Me: I don't do politics.

That wasn't quite as much a conversation-stopper as it sounds like here. We went on to talk about a few related things and then talked mostly about school.

All in all the snack time was a very nice gesture on the girls' part and a pleasant experience for everyone. Who would have thought that reflecting on "The Church" as we are doing together in class this quarter would so soon produce these tangible efforts to be a blessing to others in the church? God bless 'em and I love 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home