Prairie View

Monday, September 29, 2008

Quotes for the Day 9/29/2008

Me: The baby has six names besides the last name--Dalanie Jane Sparkle Mei Mei Alana.

Ronald (my brother) : I think they should have just planned to have more children. (Presumably to use up all the name ideas in a more moderate manner.)

Me: I suspect there wasn't unanimous agreement on what the name should be so they ended up using all the possibilities.

The baby was born in the hospital parking lot, and the name had not been finalized before the paper carried a picture and article featuring the event.

Have I written before about the twins I know who were born to an orchard family? They were named Jonathan and Pippen--both apple varieties. The same family had daughters named Willow and Betony--a tree and a herb name.

I also know a woman named Sparkle Strawberry, whose parents grew produce. Sparkle is a particularly cold-tolerant strawberry variety.

If a watermelon grower ever names a pink-skinned baby daughter Crimson Sweet, or a pumpkin grower names a child Sugar Baby, I hope I never hear about it.

******************************

Mark (from Labette Co.) : Everyone needs an RSS feed.

Upon this pronouncement his mother and I looked at each other registering question marks and a hint of eye-rolling. I had just said that I sometimes go back to an old blog post and change something, either to correct it or make it more complete, and Mark said he always knows when this happens because he has an RSS feed, to my blog, as I understood it. He usually can't tell what is changed though. He informed his mother that she has an RSS feed, despite not having a clue what it is or does.

1 Comments:

  • I think I said that everyone needs an RSS reader, not feed (the RSS reader consumes (reads) the feed from your blog...). Ditto with mom having a reader, not feed.

    By Blogger lucentwarrior, at 9/29/2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home