Prairie View

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quotes for the Day 7/13/2008

Today, when Grant was set to leave for an outdoor activity, and I saw how he was dressed:

Me: I hope you get lots of mosquito bites on your legs. (Hoping for natural consequences to weigh in on my side.)

Grant: Love you too, Mom.

And then in a disappointing display of one-up-man-ship, he bestowed this parting Middle Eastern "blessing:"

Grant: And may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

*************************************

Several weeks ago, when we had company from another state:

Visitors: The trees around here have interesting shapes. Are they pruned in a special way for some reason?

Locals: No. They look that way because of last winter's ice storm. All the medium-sized branches broke off, so what you see now is leaves on new, small branches bunched along the bigger main trunks that didn't break.

************************************

Shane: I just had a strange thought. The next time I come home from work, it won't be to this house.

Me: Oh no. I don't like that thought at all.

Later. . .

Me: On the bright side, your mountains of dirty clothes I dealt with today will be in someone else's house too.

Shane and others are gone to the South and East on chorus tour, and when they get back, his crew will be on vacation. Fellowship meeting time will arrive soon, and, shortly after that, Shane and Dorcas's wedding. So we keep hurtling along toward W-Day, trying to savor the time, and realizing there's not much time left to savor.

Of you're reading this, and you see the Kansas Youth Chorus on tour, drop me a line and let me know how Shane and Dorcas and the others are doing.

1 Comments:

  • We had the chorus in our area Friday night. They were fabulous! I think they deserved a standing ovation. I talked a tiny, winy bit to Dorc. She seemed to be doing fine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home