Prairie View

Monday, December 03, 2007

Quotes for the Day 12/4/07

In typing class:

Emily (who was plugging along in spite of the typical Monday blahs): Typing has lost its fascination.

Seth (bemoaning his lack of speed): Typing has lost its fast-ination.

*********

At the lunch table, where I was surrounded by boys:

Male Student: Mrs. I likes the boys' table.

Me: I was here first. You boys like my table.

**********

Ryan: Last night a bunch of young people were at my house, and they were reading your blog.

Me: I don't dare think about who all might read my blog. That would certainly lead to paralysis.

**********

(Although the above is true, I really do like to know that people read this blog. It makes me feel like I'm communicating, not just doing writing exercises.)

5 Comments:

  • writing for a blog is a fickle line. You want to feel "anonymous" enough to write freely, yet you secretly (or not so secretly) want people to hear what you are saying. I'v been enjoying your updates/stories!

    By Blogger lucentwarrior, at 12/04/2007  

  • You said, "I don't dare think about who all might read my blog. That would certainly lead to paralysis."

    I hear you. I do love to see the hit counter ratchet up, but when I find out about some specific person reading my blog, I can go all paralyzed.

    By Blogger Dorcas, at 12/11/2007  

  • Here's a reader from El Salvador, CA who loves stopping by and reading the latest. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2007  

  • Note to Mrs. I--if I submit a comment, then forget that I did, and submit another a few days later, please feel free to delete one of them. (We Alzheimers patients need a little extra grace)

    By Blogger Dorcas, at 12/20/2007  

  • Dorcas, I don't think your competence is as compromised as you're afraid it is.

    If I don't see the comment promptly (as happened the week when our electricity was off), your comments don't appear on the blog until I approve them, since I have enabled the moderation option for comments.

    I thought I was being smart by heading off random comments from the people who troll the blog to leave advertisement messages. Now I'm not so sure that it's worth the trouble.

    If I can figure it out, I'll delete the "extra" comment, if it makes you feel better.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger Mrs. I, at 12/20/2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home