Prairie View

Monday, November 12, 2007

Quote for the Day 11/12/07b

Shane (casually, while helping get supper on the table): Well, I nearly got killed today. (After the house under which they were digging a basement shifted and snapped three of the six jacks they were using to support the portion beneath which they had already excavated--threatening to drop the two-story house into the hole they had dug.)

Me: Oh Shane! Don't do that! Were you the only one under the house?

Shane: No. Joe [the boss] was with me.

Me: What did you do?

Shane: Put in more jacks as fast as we could.

Me: Where was Marc?

Shane: Driving the truck. That's usually my job, but I made him do it because I saw him put a live snake in the truck, so when the load was full I told him he could either drive the truck himself or find the snake and take it out. He couldn't find the snake.

Me: Why did he put it in there?

Shane: To scare the c_____ out of whoever drove the truck next. He couldn't find it before the next load either, so he drove again. We were finding snakes all day [in the basement hole]. One of them was about five feet long. Fortunately it was cold enough that they held still so we could kill them easily. We never did find the one in the truck though.

Hiromi: If you could have seen everything happening today you might have seen angels holding up the house when the jacks broke.

I can almost feel my hair getting grayer by the minute, but tonight I give thanks, multiplying gray hair notwithstanding.

2 Comments:

  • That sounds like it could make any persons hair gray.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/12/2007  

  • aaah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home