Prairie View

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Quotes for the Day 6

Steven: (At the lunch table at school to a group of talkative girls, in an overly gentle voice) Hey, can you please keep it down a little? Some of us are trying to eat over here.


Joe K: (Perusing the food sign up sheet for youth retreat weekend, looking for an easy item to bring) What is brown hamburger?
Unidentified girl: It’s fried hamburger.
Joe: Oh no. I don’t wanna fry anything.


Kenneth: My dad used to think prolific meant you were against abortion.


Student #1: (Yesterday in comp class, about the quiz) Should the last one have one or two blanks?
Me: It’s a mistake. There should be only one blank.
Student #2: Should the last one have one or two blanks?
Me: Only One.
Student #3: Should the last one have one or two blanks?
Me: One.


Me: (In comp class today) I have a surprise for you today. I’m going to assign seating for the rest of the semester. It’s time to break up some of the conversation groups. Yesterday I answered the exact same question three times in a row because people were too busy talking to hear it when I answered the question earlier.
Frieda: I thought maybe I heard you say something about it but I didn’t quite get it.
Me: I wonder why you didn’t quite get it. (General laughter)
Tim: (After noticing that Ryan and Jared were seated next to each other) What were you thinking?
Me: I wasn’t sure that it was a good idea, but I put them right next to me up here where I can bonk them on the head if they get carried away.



Me: (Comp class again) I decided to show you my rough draft for the letter I sent home with you yesterday. I’m showing you so that you understand that you have nothing to apologize for if you find yourself having to rewrite things over and over. I do the same thing when I write.
Unidentified Student: May I use it for wallpaper on the back of my office.
Me: No. Please throw it away as soon as you leave class today.
Sheila R.: (Smiling) I think my mom would be comforted by this.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home