Prairie View

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quotes for the Day 5

From the person next to me at our annual ladies' prayer partner banquet, after intermission: An empty bladder works wonders for your attitude.


In composition class, on the quiz for the day:

Zachary: I counted 29 blanks.

Frieda: (After assessing the blanks and mentally filling in all the answers she could remember) I think I have more than 29 blanks left.

Ryan: I'm forming a hypothesis that she's going to post what Frieda said as the quote for the day.

Me: I hate when you read my mind like that.

Me: (Later) There are 18 points possible on this quiz.



Me: (To two chattering male students at the back table.) I'm going to have to separate you if you can't be more quiet.

One hopeful offending male student: Will you put a girl between us?



Sentence to be expanded in composition class: The moon rose.

Me: By the way, how many of you saw the moon last night? Wasn't it beautiful? It was perfectly still, the temperature was perfect, and it was a full moon on a clear night.

Jared: I didn't see it because I didn't have anyone to look at it with.

Me: I take it the moon becomes invisible when people are alone.

Tim: I thought maybe I should take my homework outside. I think it was almost bright enough to read.

My sentence: The moon rose over the silent countryside, illuminating a lone student struggling to decipher the print in his composition textbook.

1 Comments:

  • Hah!! How did I guess?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home