Prairie View

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Quote for the Day

In Dorcas Smucker's good tradition, I've decided that a Quote for the Day section would be just right for recording pithy or funny things that are fun to post on a blog, but not significant enough to write an essay on.

Here goes with the ones that are milling about in my brain at the moment:

Quote for the Day:

Shane: Why is this cake so fat? [It was mounded very high in the middle.]

Grant: I think it must be pregnant.

Shane: (Tenderly tucking in the foil around the top of the pan.) Let's give it some privacy and see what happens.

Grant: (After a suitable interval, peering surreptitiously underneath the foil.) Cupcakes!

************************

Ryan (student): (Sympathetically) Poor Mrs. I is going down the tubes. [I had just handed out some model paragraphs I had written in a huge hurry, and when I read them to the class, the last paragraph was horribly garbled. I'm writing this after having popped out from the bottom of the tubes.]

2 Comments:

  • Yippee!! Now I'm popular and I'm now mentioned online due to my clever quote.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2007  

  • Love the quotes, esp. the "cupcakes!" conversation.

    By Blogger Dorcas, at 9/22/2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home