Prairie View

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Fragments, Fallout, and Freedom--Part 3

In a heartbreaking mishap, I lost the entire text of the blog post I had written about my father.

I'll try again tomorrow.

This has happened only a few times before, and I've never figured out how it happens or how to prevent it.  The only thing I know to do is to write it entirely in a word processing document and then paste it into the blogger screen.  This is cumbersome though and I've always eventually gone back to the easier option of typing directly into the blogger screen.

I'll need another night's rest before I feel up to tackling it.

***************

Later, obviously I didn't get the post written that I intended to write.  I'll try again--soon, I hope.

Yesterday I attended the first of a series of classes on my way to becoming a Master Naturalist.  The classes last into early April, with once-a-week events.

Taking this class reminds me of several things.  One, I don't learn new information as quickly as I once did.  Two, I still love learning about nature and being present in it.  Three, the need for human population control is still being taught. 

While I understand the perspective of those who teach the need for population control from a scientific basis, I always mentally counter it with several other things I understand.  One, Scripture always speaks of children as a blessing--not a curse or even an encumbrance.  Two, while people can cause problems with the environment, people are also the ones who can help solve problems--some of which they did not cause.  They can do so a lot faster than would be the case if the earth were left to itself.  Three, entropy (the earth "running down") would still be in operation, whether or not people were present.  Four, humans are to be good stewards of all the gifts God gives, including the earth's resources.  Five, anyone from a large family like the one I came from has a really hard time believing that any of us are a mistake and a blot on the planet. 









0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home