Prairie View

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Foxy Neighbor

This morning when I was reading my Bible, I heard a strange sound outdoors.  It had to be loud, since the windows and doors were all closed.

I opened the window in the front door and listened again.  Hiromi heard it too, and asked me what it was.  I said I didn't know.  I finished my devotions and then searched online for mountain lion sounds.  Too low and growly.  Next I searched for bobcat sounds.  Still too low and growly.  I hit paydirt on fox sounds.  At this link, in the first recording, you can hear a sound like we were hearing this morning.
If we decide to bring poultry or rabbits onto the farm, I guess we'll know up front that protecting them from foxes will be necessary.  At least one is apparently already at home in the neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home