Prairie View

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

For the Locals

If you're interested in buying a place ideal for growing produce for sale, with a long-lived cash crop already growing on the place and a working cooler--and a house with a history that gives some of us warm, fuzzy feelings, I have an idea for you.

The house used to belong to Frank Banyard, who was a well-liked music teacher in grade school--a true English gentleman, with gentle ways with elementary students.  He grew irises and peonies.  Five hundred to one thousand of the peonies remain and provide extra income each Memorial Day.  The cooler is for the flowers, which must be harvested in bud stage and kept cool till Memorial Day.

The house is owned by John and Darlene Miller, (Henry Miller's Jonny) and she called me this morning to tell me they're putting their house on the market.  It's on one acre of land, located in a secluded spot in South Hutch, near the river, but never having flooded--close to Tom and Dan's tire shop.

Darlene called to tell me about the house for sale and I told her I would help spread the word.  She didn't say this, but if I were her, I would dearly love for someone to  move there who would appreciate and care for the flowers as the Banyards and John and Darlene did.  I think that's why she called me--because she knew I would love the flowers.  The house is older (I was in it once when I was in 8th grade.), but has had some remodeling done since John and Darlene moved in.

Call John and Darlene yourself if you're interested, or call or email me.  I'll make a note of the phone number from which she called me--in case it's a cellphone number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home