Prairie View

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mystery Menu Item

Seemed brollie. In a list of otherwise intelligible menu items prepared for a Home Environment assignment, this mystery appeared. Ethnic food? A fancy-name recipe making the rounds, but not yet having reached me? I checked with Norma. She tried to decipher it with me for language/spelling or other clues.

After the students came in from break I asked the person who wrote it. "Oh. That's supposed to be steamed broccoli. I think I was outside when I wrote it and couldn't see very well. Sorry."

******************

Yesterday's gorgeous, calm, and sunny 80-degree day had students on "E" privilege studying outside at the picnic tables. As is often the case, bright sunshine reflecting off white picnic tables created an almost insufferable glare. Moving to the shade would of course negate any possibility of sun tanning benefits, so the bright sunshine had to be endured--even when it blanked out a laptop computer screen and resulted in such absurdities as "seemed brollie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home