Prairie View

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Quote for the Day 3/8/2012

MJ: I think Mrs. I is thinking about getting annoyed by our noise.

Nathan: No. I don't think so, because she's a teacher, and teachers don't get annoyed.

After school this evening, about three students were engaged in a very animated conversation in the typing room where I was still working at the computer. I knew they had come there in order to get lined up for test taking the next day by taking notes on the material, and I suspected that their preparation efforts were being sabotaged by the conversation. It didn't interfere with what I was doing though.

"I'm wondering if there's any work getting done," I finally said without looking up. There was only a short break in the activity before MJ offered his conjecture about what I was feeling. He was wrong, of course, but hearing him say it was worth it because of hearing Nathan's confident followup pronouncement of teachers' predictable equanimity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home