Prairie View

Thursday, March 29, 2012

For Your (Local) Flower Garden

I've been cleaning up the dead stalks, etc. in the flower beds out front for the past few days and see that a lot of stuff needs digging out. Here's a list of what I've got in abundance:

Maximillian Sunflower (tall perennial, fall blooming)

Artemisia (all very drought tolerant)
Powis Castle (very soft white ferny foliage--about 18" tall)
Silver King (about 3 feet tall, deeply cut gray foliage)
Green and Gold (like Silver King except the foliage is green splashed with gold)

Pampas Grass--two big clumps that must go

Perennial Bachelor's Buttons--Centaurea dealbata--Knapweed--pinkish purple flowers

Hardy Aster--White, fall-blooming "Frost Flowers" or Michealmas Daisy, about 15 inches tall

Tall Sedum--Autumn Joy

Vinca major--variegated leaf

Garlic chives--Oriental chives or nira

Larkspur (re-seeded)

Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua)--I use this a lot in bouquets as a green filler. Reseeding annual.

Moonflower (Datura??)

In smaller amounts I have a number of kinds of Daylilies, Spiderwort, Boltonia, and probably a number of other things I'm not remembering at the moment.

Email or call me if you're interested. I'll be especially glad to hear from you if you're willing to dig up what you want. Bring boxes and possibly a shovel. I'll be home on spring break next week. If you have something to offer in trade, fine. If not, that's OK too. I'm a sucker for tough stuff and herbs and generally any plant I don't already have.









1 Comments:

  • I wish I'd live close enough to come dig some flowers. I also share you love of James Herriots books and do the same chuckling to myself as I read...
    Discovered today that I am 17 posts behind reading your blog. :O

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 3/31/2012  

Post a Comment



<< Home