Prairie View

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soil Sample Labeling

The students in my Food Production class took a small field trip today to the K-State Research and Extension office, soil samples in hand.

The lady at the extension office had suggested yesterday that if all the bags of soil were labeled with the name of the person requesting the report, the check-in of all the samples would go faster. I dutifully relayed this information to the students. Your soil sample bags should be labeled with a name.

Accompanying the sample was a form that asked for the name of the garden. "That's just for you," I told the students, "to make sure you can identify this sample in case you turn in more than one. " I didn't pay much attention to how they filled out this part.

Before we set off for town, I checked to see if all the soil samples were labeled. Grinning to myself, I took special note of Marvin's. In an echo of his board game history, and, to match his garden name on the form, he had labeled it Marvin Gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home