Prairie View

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quotes for the Day 7/23/2008

Joe Schmucker: I remember 1954. I was four years old then and we lived in Missouri. It was so hot that year. . . We had no air conditioning of course, and we slept outside because it was too hot inside.

Joe was commenting on a recent blog post about record-setting heat statistics from the past, and adding his memories to it.

***********************

Shane: I wonder why I'm planning to bale straw for LaVerne. I had told myself that I'm not going to work for anyone else till I have my own work done. And here I go, working for LaVerne.

I suspect it's the overwhelming sense of everything costing a lot of money, and his fear that he doesn't have enough to reach for everything--to get married, to set up housekeeping, and to be off work for the next number of weeks.

***********************

After tonight's Kansas Youth Chorus program at church--

Elizabeth H. : You have a wonderful bass singer in your son.

Ervin S. : Of all the people who talked tonight, the only one I could easily understand was the Iwashige boy. I have a hearing problem, but he talked very clearly.

Mr. Schrock (tour bus driver): Shane has a beautiful voice. At Hillcrest, he and John and Heidi and Crystal sang several songs. They were wonderful.

(This quartet calls themselves the Anonymous Somebodies.)

Marvin N. : There's not very much food. We're putting out everything we've got right away.

Marvin saw the huge crowd upstairs and was beginning to worry that the carried-in finger food event afterward would not reach for everyone. I don't know when we've ever had so many people from so many different churches for one service--except for funerals.

**************************

Very small child being carried out during church: Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home