Prairie View

Monday, June 02, 2008

Quotes for the Day 6/2/2008

After I had touted to Shane the many uses for a new cleaning tool I had just received in the mail--

Shane (showing Dorcas the tool) : It'll do anything. It'll even pick your nose for you.

Me: I did not say that.

Shane (later, about Dorcas) : I tried to pick her nose with it. It didn't seem to work very well.

I'm pleased to know that Dorcas recognizes a bad idea when she encounters it, and acts accordingly when necessary.

*******************************************

On Thursday evening before my Aunt Mary's funeral in Kalona, Iowa, more than 200 young people gathered to sing at the wake. (Lovely harmonic singing, by the way, nearly all in German, without notes or a song leader.) Later, my other aunt Mary, thinking about how hard it already is to find farms for all the people who want them--

Mary: What will happen when all these young people get married?

Joe (her husband) : Babies.


*******************************************

My dad, who is 80, drove all the way to NE Iowa and back--about 9 hours each way. Ironically, when people heard we had traveled together, they assumed I had brought my parents. Hardly.

Dad (while getting out at a rest stop) : When I get out of the car, my motions remind me of old people.

*******************************************

At the tail end of a conversation in which another person had talked about having taken a detox treatment which involved putting your feet into a basin of treated, recirculating water (I hope I understood this right). The user reported that the water turned very dark from the toxins drawn out through the feet by this process.

Joe: I wonder what would happen if you stuck your tongue in there.

Me: Full of deadly poison as the tongue is, right?

Joe: Right.

1 Comments:

  • Nice. :) Re. the foot bath: http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/aquadetox.shtml may be interesting...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home