Prairie View

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged, so here goes with five things about me that most people don't know.

1. When I was in 7th grade, I hit more home runs in softball games against other schools than any other team member.

2. My entire private college tuition amount was paid by scholarships or grants.

3. My dad was the first (perhaps only) Old Order Amish young man to attend college and subsequently to be ordained as a minister in the O. O. Amish church.

4. When I was 17 or 18 I flipped my dad's recently purchased car after I lost control because of trying to avoid hitting a dog that ran out in front of me on a dirt (river gravel) road. The car was totaled, but my sister Carol and I were unhurt, even though we were not wearing seat belts. No one scolded me.

5. Altogether I have been in school as a student or teacher for 45.5 years. I did not attend kindergarten, and I was in high school for three years and in college for three and one-half. I included the years of homeschooling from the time our oldest child learned to read at three to the time I began teaching again at Pilgrim--while I was still homeschooling our youngest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home