Prairie View

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pilgrim Perspective Preview

The school newspaper staff asked Mr. Schrock and me to each write an article telling about ourselves for the next issue of the Pilgrim Perspective.

Mr. Schrock confided to me that his article is not very serious and asked me if that would be inappropriate. I said I hoped not, because mine was pretty silly too.

Here's what I've submitted:

For this article about myself, the editors did not ask me specifically for a list of my medical conditions and disabilities. It's a shame because some of them are really a lot of fun to say and spell--less fun to deal with though. Neither did they ask for a list of exactly what niche I occupy on the birth order-temperment-spiritual gift-love language-learning style scales and categorizations. Again, a shame, because I really do enjoy this type of slicing and dicing.

I could talk about all the different ways my last name can be mangled, about the 49 different immigrant ancestors I have identified recently, what committees I have served on, what titles I have held, the latest numbers on my blog hit counter, my dear family, and the things I care about. If I did this, I suspect that the acronym-happy crowd would respond with a TMI (Too Much Information) utterance, spoken with a deep sigh. I feel their pain and will refrain.

I am blessed in that the plethora of details and demands that are part of my life have combined to touch many of my passions, sometimes brushing lightly by, sometimes resting heavily and long on my awareness and time commitments. I could not have orchestrated these diverse and fascinating forays, but I rejoice that the God I serve has chosen to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home