Prairie View

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Reopening Rural Churches

A year ago I finished taking a leadership class using materials from the Kansas Leadership Center.  It was a very good experience.  I noticed an underlying adherence to Christian principles in the materials and in the words and lifestyles of some of the people on staff.  I was still surprised today when my Facebook feed picked up this excellent video from Kansas Leadership Center on reopening rural Kansas churches.  It's short, 10-15 minutes I believe. Unless your memory is better than mine, you may wish to take notes, at least by listing the main points. 

The main points could provide a useful road map for  American Anabaptist churches everywhere who probably find this process as confusing and fraught with hazards as anyone else. Not everyone's state requirements are the same as those in Kansas, of course.  Even those of us who live here can not be certain that the current conditions will stay in place beyond this Thursday when the legislature will meet for one day. People whose party affiliation is different from the governor's have promised to launch an effort then to limit the governor's power to issue directives. 

In the language of leadership principles, reopening churches is definitely an adaptive challenge--not primarily a technical one.  If you  like the video as much as I did, you might consider sharing it with the leadership team at your local church.  That's what I did before I posted it here. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home