Prairie View

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Name Trivia--The Presidents

Many of the last names of former presidents are now--or perhaps have been for a long time--also given names, usually for men or boys.  Here are ones I thought of without consulting a list of presidents:

Clinton
Carter
Lincoln
Grant
Wilson
Jackson
Adam[s]
Madison
Monroe
Kennedy
Reagan
Truman

Can you think of others?

Later:  I've thought of three more:

Arthur
Tyler
Taylor

Still later:  I looked at a list of presidents and found one more:

Harrison

That total of 16 is slightly more than 1/3 of the 46 presidents who have had their last name used as a given name--common enough for me to have heard of it.  I can't quite imagine some of the others joining the list.  Hoover?  Hayes?  Garfield?  Polk?  Bush?  Coolidge?  Harding? Taft?

1 Comments:

  • I've heard that someone who tried to leave a comment here was unable to do so. I'm doing this as a trial to see if I can track down the problem.

    By Blogger Mrs. I (Miriam Iwashige), at 6/20/2018  

Post a Comment



<< Home