Prairie View

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Headbands on Babies

Several weeks ago, I heard from one of my brothers-in-law that he has never liked seeing headbands on babies.  It was worth a high-five when I heard that.  I had never before heard of anyone who agreed with me.

My brother chimed in with information about what LeRoy thinks of them.  I gathered that he makes no secret of his dislike for them, so I'm not making a secret of it either.  He believes them to be physically damaging--probably interfering with normal growth of the skull.  

My brother-in-law and I compared reasons for our viewpoint.  We're not well-informed on the physical hazards, but we agree that it detracts from, rather than enhances a baby's natural beauty.  I think I have an aversion too because it seems too ostentatious to suit my taste.

Maybe it's a revelation of my terrible distractibility, but when a baby wears a headband with a decorative focal point, that's almost all I can see.  Worse yet, from now on, I'll probably "see" misshapen skull bones too, and, in my eyes,  the baby's beauty will be hidden behind one more layer of obstruction.  What a pity.

2 Comments:

  • I agree! Don't think they add anything to adults either!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2014  

  • I say, it depends on the head! Some do look bad, but some are just adorable! My own personal opinion.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/15/2014  

Post a Comment



<< Home