Prairie View

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quotes for the Day 6/27/2013

On Facebook, my  nephew Benji shared this quote by my Mom before I got it posted here:

"The eventuality of me falling hasn't borne down upon us before has it?" - Grandma after falling on halfway outside the house. She is not supposed to leave the house without someone with her and was trying to convince Mom that it had never happened before (it has) using an impressive sentence.

Encroaching dementia has clearly not rendered my mom totally devoid of verbal skills.  Lois, who lives next door first learned about what was happening when their neighbor Jolene knocked and called out that "Mary fell."  She helped Lois get her up and into the house.  She was not hurt much.

******************

On moving day:

Grant (getting a little impatient) :  Mom, you don't have to give the history of everything before we move it.

******************

Yesterday, while we were working to clear out the remaining things in the farmhouse:

Hiromi (to me):  Here's a trash can.  Whatever you don't need, you can just throw in here.

Me:  Those are two different things--trash, and what I don't need.  Not everything I don't need is trash.  Some things have value, even if I don't need it.  I'll pass those things on to someone else.

Hiromi:  Today those two are the same thing.

I was not convinced.

This moving business can be a real trial for bears of very little brain.  Winnie the Pooh and I both know this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home