Prairie View

Friday, March 29, 2013

Lovely and Awful Comments

Be sure to read beyond the asterisks for the good words.

I'm getting fed up to here with the spam comments to my blog posts.  I took off the captcha because I heard from some legitimate commenters that it was almost impossible to decipher some of the captcha codes, and I certainly did not wish to discourage any legitimate comments.  I did preserve the moderation function to keep the spam out, but that is becoming a real trial.  Sometimes there are a dozen in a day, and sometimes the spam appears within minutes of a post.  I don't have time for this.  I used to read the spam for laughs, but I'm too disgusted by drivel such as the following to continue doing it this way.  It was a comment on a post dated August 4, 2009.

I've learn a few good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you put to make this type of magnificent informative website.

Stop by my web site :: how to flip cars for profit 

I'm happy, however, to have you send me any legitimate comments by email, if the captcha gives you too many fits to comment in the straightforward way.  Tell me if it's OK to post them, or at least respond if I ask.  Email address:  miriam@iwashige.com

*********************

The writer below sent me the following comment by email and I asked and was granted permission to post it here.  It refers to three posts that appeared on March 28:

Miriam,
     Amen on every point of your blog post! Exactly my thoughts! You said it for me the night of the meeting.
    I also agree totally on the natural environment issue. There is nothing better in my opinion. (maybe I'm "nature-smart" too) Forget the big building, big ball diamond and gym issue-- they are way over-played. Just build a modest grade school and let the children walk, run and explore during break. I love it!
    I have seen the results of stressed children in the out-of-doors and how they respond to it. Their attitudes improve, their aggressive behavior diminishes, their depression lifts, color comes into their cheeks and their eyes shine. It is amazing! But why should we be surprised, God designed it that way. I so wish people could listen.
    Just so you know, I am a kindred spirit!!
    Blessings, Judy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home