Prairie View

Friday, March 29, 2013

Pollen Count Alert

If you live where I do and are afflicted with cedar pollen allergies, I predict a miserable day for you today, and I'm sorry.  All morning I've seen clouds of dust billowing from the reddish, pollen-structure-laden branches of the cedar tree visible from my dining room windows.  It's blowing straight west.

Cedar pollen allergies is another good reason not to totally enclose your property with cedar trees, and especially not to plant them south of your residence.  Every day of south wind during this season will multiply your misery, and if you have them all around, you'll be miserable every day, period, during this season.

There are other good reasons for not planting cedar trees to the south of your property, but I've ranted about those before, so I'll spare you this time.




1 Comments:

  • So those low "clouds" I saw this morning were pollen. They looked like dust or a fog of insects but I didn't think either one was likely.--LRM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2013  

Post a Comment



<< Home