Prairie View

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

High School Program

Tomorrow night is the first high school program. It will be at Center at 7:30. I'm afraid that some people did not get the memo, since the announcement was made after the service on Sunday, and anyone who had already left might not have heard. If you're local, please spread the word among friends and family members who will want to come and may have missed it. I've heard the music from a distance all year, and I think it will be worthwhile. I may be guilty of understatement here.

Dress rehearsal today was the first and only time for singing together since spring break. I asked some of the students how it went. The answer revealed a lack of confidence. I will be adding my prayers to theirs that all goes well tomorrow evening.

************************

I'm praying about something less exciting as well. The senior class at Pilgrim worked hard to produce the school yearbooks and placed some of them in area churches with a money receptacle next to the pile of yearbooks. The yearbooks disappeared, and the receptacles remained, minus the money that had accumulated there. Someone from the class had checked on the collection before the weekend, so it's clear that the money had come in--and gone again before Monday. It was enough money to buy a plane ticket.

I feel bad whenever I try to think what might have happened to the money, and have concluded that it does more good to pray for the Lord to take care of it, than to try to think what others should do. That could, of course, include a direct revelation from God to someone who is alert to the situation and in a position to do something about it. It certainly could involve conviction and restitution. The yearbook was not my project, but it was the project of people I love and care about, and I'm sorry about this loss.



3 Comments:

  • It was a great program!

    Has the missing money mystery been solved??

    ~ Susanna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2012  

  • It was a great program!

    Has the money issue been resolved? Hope so.

    Susanna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2012  

  • No new developments on the missing money.

    By Blogger Mrs. I (Miriam Iwashige), at 4/12/2012  

Post a Comment



<< Home