Prairie View

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Unfunny

Hiromi thinks I should tell my readers about a disgusting Facebook event that happened recently. My troubles began when I clicked on a video link posted by a trusted friend from another state. I soon saw that it was inappropriate and got out before the video finished. I was sure that my friend had not intentionally posted the video, and felt sorry for her that someone invaded her account to post it on her wall. The next morning I saw it on another local friend's wall. When I called it to her attention--again, someone who I knew would never post such a thing--she told me she had clicked on the link when she saw it posted on my wall the night before. Grrrrrr. Now I was feeling sorry for myself and my local friend.

Apparently, whenever anyone clicks on it, the video immediately reposts on the "clicker's" wall. I'm giving you the thumbnail details here so you won't blunder into this mess. It says "Caution Wet Paint, Very very funny LOL. (No. Very very unfunny.) The thumbnail picture isn't really clear (or I would have known not to click on it), but there is an article of blue clothing on the right and red clothing on the left. Two people are wearing the clothing, but it looks confusing because it's not a full-length picture by any means.

I went to my wall and removed the post. Then I changed by password. That is apparently what it takes to protect oneself from this happening again by the same source.

2 Comments:

  • Check out Facecrooks and Sophos Security on Facebook and Google+. You will find a wealth of information on how to protect yourself against the hackers. And always remember, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Incidentally, check your FB apps to make sure there are no rogue apps in there.

    By Blogger Manfred, at 1/21/2012  

  • Thanks for the tips. Our tech-savvy son did a scan to make sure nothing was compromised. I'll forward your comments to him nonetheless.

    By Blogger Mrs. I (Miriam Iwashige), at 1/21/2012  

Post a Comment



<< Home