Prairie View

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lost Book--For Locals

The first Home Environment class of the semester meets today, and one of my key source books is missing from my personal collection. I've frequently loaned out my books, with too little tracking of their whereabouts, so I'm begging for its prompt return if my book happens to reside in someone else's personal library at the moment.

Having just returned from a trip that ate up my last few days of doing school work during Christmas break, I'm slightly panicked about launching this class in a motivating way.

Here are the specs: Patterns of Home: The Ten Essentials of Enduring Design. Authors: Max Jacobson, Murray Silverstein, Barbara Winslow.

The book refines and consolidates the principles found in another book A Pattern Language. That book is present and available in my personal collection. It's a seminal volume on applying organizational systems to complex tasks. I suppose I should be appreciating the irony of such a book benefiting from refinement and consolidation, and the further irony of having it in my collection with no noticeable effect on my library-tracking skills.

Patterns of Home is available in our local public library. If Hiromi can pick it up today, I'll use it to get by for the present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home