Prairie View

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quotes for the Day 10/19/2011

Marvin : (Staring at the computer screen in the typing room, ready to correct errors on his written report.) What must I do to be saved?

I don’t think he was too impressed with the grade I gave him, but he was trying to be a good sport. It was actually a fairly good report with some small errors and a bunch of points taken off because it was three days late.

*************************

Tonight when I got home, Shane was mowing the front yard with the bagger attachment on the push mower. The skid steer was crossways in the driveway, with the bucket receiving the clippings at the edge of the lawn as the bag filled and Shane dumped them.

Me: Are you feeding that to your cows?

Shane: Yeah. You know it’s a low time in agriculture when you eye your dad’s lawn as a source of feed for your cattle.

Me: Go over it again and you’ll get a lot more.

Shane: This stuff is a foot tall! I’m just cutting two-thirds of it.

This is embarrassing, but not foot-tall embarrassing. It didn't look that tall to me. Have I mentioned that we really miss Grant’s faithful shouldering of yard work responsibilities around here? Most of the summer the grass didn’t grow much, but we’ve had cool weather and some rain, and the grass has leaped up in gladness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home