Prairie View

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Quote for the Day 9/7/2011

At the Labor Day church picnic, when I told the people at my table about the thick standing wheat and the wide, deep windrows of cut hay we saw in Eastern Washington several weeks ago:

Joe Y. : I think that would have made me cry. I've had such a longing to see a nice thick hay windrow . . .

Joe has a custom haying business. Because of the summer-long drought, hay has hardly grown, and very little has been harvested, so income for the business has been sparse as well. Joe described how frustrating it has been to hardly be able to see the skimpy windrow, especially in the dark, when he's found himself wandering around because he couldn't see where he wanted to drive.

******************

Right now we're in a week-long stretch of perfect weather. Rain would add to the perfection, and help make the view as beautiful as the temperature and atmosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home