Prairie View

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Caught

This afternoon when I went out to start the water in the west garden, I found two Northern Orioles flying around in a panic inside the bird netting Hiromi draped over 36 of the tomato plants and their cages. I stalked them grimly, and they fled to one corner of the netted area. One of them disappeared before I reached them, but the other one was held fast, tangled in the fabric at ground level. So I caught him, and lectured him emphatically, and rapped him on the beak, then threw him in the air. His wings caught the air, and he sailed to the top of the Elm south of the garden. I sincerely hope his little bird brain is busily sending notes to himself: Do not repeat this action. Stay away from the bird netting. Stay away from the garden. Be very afraid of being caught by the lady in the pointy Vietnamese grass hat. I hope no, no, no keeps ringing in his ears for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home