Prairie View

Monday, July 04, 2011

Blogger, Get a Life

Someone painted a message on the straw bales lined up south of our corn patch: Blogger, Get a Life.

In more craziness, someone posted an ad on Craigslist with our number and Grant's cellphone number: Free Farm Fresh Eggs, Limit: 2 dozen per customer. Call early. These will go fast. The first and only call so far was from someone we knew, who quickly helped us figure out that someone had posted dishonestly. In the near future, we won't be answering any calls from numbers we don't recognize or that don't come with a caller ID name.

I won't be painting any straw bales with this message, but I'm thinking: Prankster/Disturber of the Peace/Trespasser/Identity Thief/Defacer--Get a Life.

************************

"Do you have any enemies?" I asked Grant.

"I don't know, but I'm fixin' to get one," he answered. That was before he saw the straw bale message obviously directed at me.

I should probably have asked, "Do I have any enemies?"

If my blog irritates someone, all it takes to remove the irritation is to not type in my blog address or click on any link to this blog. That's the beauty of blogging. Nothing I write is ever in anyone's face unless they first willingly thrust their face into this blog. After that, any coward can take cheap shots from a position of anonymity. People with the necessary courage can be up front about their identity and grievances.

2 Comments:

  • The girls and I sit on the couch and read this together.
    Jenny: Wait. Someone wrote on her hay bale? What's a hay bale?
    Emily explains.
    Jenny: Oh, I thought it was something online like writing on someone's wall.
    Pause.
    Jenny: So, someone wrote on her hay bale, 'get a life?'
    Emily and me: Yes.
    Jenny:So she has her own private hay bale or what?
    Emily and me: Oh Jenny.
    Emily: I wish someone wrote Blogger Get a Life on my hay bale. I could take a picture and post it on my blog.
    Jenny: Well if you get a hay bale I'll write 'blogger get a life' on it.
    Emily: Not YOU. A mean person.
    (So you see, your unfortunate experience triggered a family discussion and thus was not for naught. BTW, I would suspect the prankster to be a nephew/country boy who gets his entertainment where he can find it and knew you would still love him.)

    By Blogger Emily Smucker, at 7/04/2011  

  • Oops, that ^^ wasn't Emily, it was me.

    By Blogger Dorcas, at 7/04/2011  

Post a Comment



<< Home