Prairie View

Thursday, August 12, 2010

On My Calendar

My sister Lois and I leave soon with ten girls (ages 13, 14, and 15) for a retreat at Calvary Bible School in Arkansas. It was planned by a local congregation in Harrison, AR. We're traveling in a 12 passenger van, and cramming it to the gills--but so glad to be able to travel in one vehicle and not have to pull a trailer. Driving the big van will be a stretch for both of us, neither of whom are "eat up the road" drivers. Pray for us.

The temperature here today is to climb to 104 degrees. There, it will cap out at a measly 100 degrees. Right now the humidity is 10 per cent higher there than here--at 77% and 87%.

Staying comfortable in that air-conditioner-less place will likely be a challenge. So we would appreciate prayers for a reasonably comfortable weekend.

I will speak on Modesty and Purity of Heart. I wonder if the girls will be able to hear anything on this subject from someone who is not young and chic--and who parented only boys. Maybe there was no one who is young and chic AND willing to talk about this. I know that "Courage" (Lois' topic) would have been a subject more to my liking. Again, this is an invitation to pray.

The other big event on the calendar, besides the impending start of school, is the double ordination planned for Aug. 22, one week after we get back. We will miss a day of prayer and fasting planned here on Saturday in preparation for that.

And now I'd better get something to eat and get ready to shove off.

1 Comments:

  • Blessings to my dear sisters! I am praying for your safety, and also for a message from God to these girls!

    By Blogger Dorcas Byler, at 8/12/2010  

Post a Comment



<< Home