Prairie View

Monday, February 18, 2008

Quote for the Day 2/18/08

Dad, on Sat. eve. as he and Mom were heading home following a taffy pull we had here for my extended family: I have a question for the rest of you before we go home.

Myron: Do you want me to ask it for you? (Then, without waiting for an answer) What shall I do tomorrow if I see any of you sleeping in church?

Dad: Exactly.

(No one had a smart answer.)

My parents are pretty sure that a Saturday evening spent in something other than getting ready for church the next day is misspent, to some degree at least. They've got a point.

But we had no time to spare on the taffy cooking project. The cream I bought way back around Christmas for making it expired on the very day we used it.

I'm pleased to say also that the taffy was cooked just right. I'm on a roll. That was two times in a row--after many more unsuccessful, barely manageable results in a row before that.

From Grandpa all the way down to Andrew, everyone had a chance to get in on the taffy pulling act, and we had a good time. The taffy, of course, was almost to-die-for good, as it almost always is, even when it's not cooked right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home