Prairie View

Friday, January 25, 2008

Quote for the Day 1/25/08

If you ever need to work on cutting 1/2 mile of hedge trees (a.k.a. Osage Orange trees) and you really don't want to do it because you're losing money on the project, here are some of the ways you could convey that:

Shane (Yesterday, when it was bitterly cold): On a scale of 1-10, my motivation is at 0. No. Wait. That's the temperature.

***************************

Shane (Today, when it's cold AND windy.) I'm struggling with inspiration issues.

Me: How long will it take to finish this job?

Shane: Way too long.

*******************

Grant (with affected cheerfulness): Well, are you ready for gusts to 28 today?

*******************

Shane (heading for the sofa, to Grant, after having eaten his own breakfast): I don't know why, but I can't keep my eyes open. Wake me after you've eaten.

*******************

At school, over lunch, when Jared was rhapsodizing about being in Costa Rica, and sucking the juice from one orange after another, after making a hole in the surface. . . . Steven made a comment about the probable effects of this on the digestive system, and then, in a show of deference to me, sitting right between them--

Steven: TMI--Mrs. I. Hey--That rhymes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home