Prairie View

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Acceptable Odds

I was told today by my oncologist/surgeon that my cancer has only a 5% chance of recurrence--without further treatment.  With radiation, that could be reduced to 2.5 %.  

I consider the 5% chance acceptable odds, especially considering the fact that radiation itself could carry some risk.  My doctor made it clear that she has no compelling reason to recommend radiation, but does offer it for those who wish to take every possible treatment measure to insure that cancer does not return.

I feel so very nearly well that I was almost surprised to hear the doctor say that there is still internal inflammation and swelling present, and that this often persists for several months.  Overall however, she is very pleased with how recovery has progressed.  As am I.

I'm rejoicing that this "radiation complication" has turned out to be not much of a complication at all, given the fact that my preference seemed quite acceptable to the doctor--as she expressed even before she knew my preference.

I praise God and thank my family and friends for their prayers and support.  I'm going forward rejoicing.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home