Prairie View

Friday, June 27, 2014

It's a Happy Day!

Tonight at our Levi Miller reunion I got a phone call from halfway around the world from our oldest son.  He had wonderful news--the safe arrival of grandbaby number five.  Her name is Lucia Amaya.  She was born "tomorrow," June 28, at around 4:30 AM.  At 9 lbs., she is "a full grown baby" just as Hiromi announced upon the arrival of her older sister Arwen.

Lucia is pronounced Loo SEE uh.  I believe the name means "light."  Amaya is a Japanese name meaning night rain.  It's pronounced like the last three syllables of Jeremiah.

My sister Lois and her family are visiting right now in the city where Lucia was born.  They're leaving soon though, and I'm not sure what their chances are of seeing the baby.  I really hope it can happen.

*********************

Tonight I wrote the baby's name on a post-it note so I could easily show people how it was spelled.  When I was showing the paper to Shane and Dorcas and their family, Tristan abruptly pointed to the last name (the baby's surname) I had written, and pronounced it clearly and correctly.  (He does pretty well with this Japanese name, unlike the typical telemarketer.)  I could hardly believe he recognized it.  Neither could his parents, but Dorcas said he likes when you write his name.  Tristan won't be three years old for another four months, and no one has ever tried to teach him this.

*********************

Many members of my extended family are here for the reunion, and we had a wonderful beginning of our time together.  Caleb and Carol both have a grandchild to introduce to the rest of us for the first time.  Assorted "novios" are accompanying some of my nieces and nephews.  For several of them, it's a first introduction to the extended family.  I really love and like my family.

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Praising God for a safe delivery, and a healthy baby. Lucia Amaya is a beautiful name.

    p.s. Time to update your "About" paragraph in the right column? ;)

    By Anonymous Tryphena, at 6/28/2014  

  • Facebook message from Mike Redden:
    Miriam, I just attempted to post a comment on your blog. It's been so long since I've done that and didn't even know if my name came through. Anyway congratulations to you and Hiromi on the birth of your new granddaughter. Praise God!

    By Blogger Mrs. I (Miriam Iwashige), at 6/29/2014  

Post a Comment



<< Home