Prairie View

Sunday, October 21, 2012

ACSI Trip Off-Topic Conversation

Jean Ann (handing Wesley a Styrofoam cup after we're all settled in the vehicle):  Here's the rest of your coffee.

Wesley:  Oh, I didn't drink it all?  Gotta make sure I get my dose of polystyrene.  (As he tips up his cup, Jean Ann says to me "He hates drinking out of Styrofoam cups.")

Wesley (continuing):  Every American tested has traces of polystyrene--or whatever the chemical is--in their body tissues.

Arlyn:  You would have to burst my bubble--just when I was beginning to feel better about Styrofoam because it's recyclable.

Me:  It is?  I didn't know that.

Darrell:  You probably should stop worrying about it.  In future generations we'll all be made of plastic and then we won't bleed if we get cut.

Me:  Assuming people will still be able to reproduce in future generations--unlike what is apparently the case for mice that have been fed GMO foods.

********************

While driving in Kansas City traffic:

Arlyn:  This traffic gets my adrenaline pumping.

Me:  It gets mine pumping too--for a different reason than yours.

Wesley:  That worked.

**********************

I'm glad I like "us" when we're together outside of school.




3 Comments:

  • Is Styrofoam recyclable locally? Because of the triangles I have been recycling these Styrofoam containers, but recently I decided to quit since the instructions on the dumpster specify "no Styrofoam". It's mixed messages and I'm still not sure which one to believe. --LRM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2012  

  • Is there a Nisly employee who can set us straight?

    By Blogger Mrs. I (Miriam Iwashige), at 10/21/2012  

  • To answer the question - styrofoam is not recyclable as far as we are concerned. Our sorting facility doesn't accept it. Thank you for not including it in your recycling.:)
    Ann @ Nisly's

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2012  

Post a Comment



<< Home