Prairie View

Friday, September 14, 2012

Shout Out to Comp Students

Remember that "vitriol" word we hashed over in class today?  I won't be asking in class on Monday for examples you may have come across, but I think most of you might have your homework already done if I did.  

Remember what I told you in the first days of class?  Words are powerful, and when we set them loose in the world, we can't always guess where they'll go and what effect they'll have.  Lesson learned?  I thought so.  

Are you happy with the labels others have slapped on you?  If not, what labels would you prefer?  Based on what I've observed in the past few weeks, especially in the project we've all been working on at school, here are some I think would fit:
 
Follower of Jesus (You care about what He wants.)
Humble Servant (You help your fellow students understand and succeed.)
Truth Seeker (You seek out credible sources for research.)
Learner (You make connections and see patterns.)
Witness (You're able to articulate the truth you discover.)
Peacemaker (You treat each other with respect, even when you have a variety of perspectives.)
Guardian (You seek to protect the reputation of others.)

Take your pick of the above labels or make your own, and cover over whatever labels you've accumulated through no fault of your own--those that are too sticky with slime to fall off of their own accord.

I'm proud of you and look forward to good things happening next week when we're all together again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home