Prairie View

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Prayer Request

Here's a Facebook post from a local young man. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Caleb E. Yoder
dear friends, on behalf of your Kansas farmer friends and relations, please earnestly entreat Jehovah to bless the earth with rain!!

    • Caleb E. Yoder I do not believe this is a selfish prayer as many families' livelihood will be greatly affected if the wheat they planted receives no rain...
      Sunday at 6:03pm
    • Caleb E. Yoder it would be a great blessing to many people!
      Sunday at 6:07pm

Tonight we have a 20% chance for rain. It's a little hard to pin too many hopes on these chances since we've been getting almost no rain of late, even with a much higher percentage chance of rain.

Sun and wind were in abundance today.

The wheat is headed out, and it waves like May wheat should, but the stalks are stubby and the heads are short. Some alfalfa is being cut, even though it's short too, and makes a fairly feeble-looking windrow.

On a whinier note, it's a P.S. day, and you might also pray for a change in wind direction. I'd prefer my baked chicken and potatoes for supper without the pervading aroma, even inside the house. If I knew the south wind was bringing rain, however, I could live with it. And I'll no doubt survive, even if it doesn't.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home